Stunt doubles are an essential part of any action-packed movie or TV show, often stepping in for the stars during risky or physically demanding scenes. While their faces may not be as well-known, they are certainly no less important to the production. In fact, some stars have such close relationships with their doubles that they are often seen side by side. Here are some of the biggest names in Hollywood who have been spotted with their stunt doubles.
- Harrison Ford: Known for his iconic roles in Star Wars and Indiana Jones, Harrison Ford has had several stunt doubles over the years. One of his most famous doubles is Vic Armstrong, who also worked as a stunt coordinator on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Johnny Depp: The eccentric actor is known for his unique characters and unconventional style. Depp’s longtime stunt double is Tony Angelotti, who has doubled for him in films like Pirates of the Caribbean and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Lynda Carter: As the original Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter has become an icon in the superhero world. Her stunt double, Jeannie Epper, also worked on other classic shows like The Dukes of Hazzard and Knight Rider.
- Emilia Clarke: Best known for her role as Daenerys Targaryen on Game of Thrones, Emilia Clarke’s stunt double is Rosie Mac. The two look so similar that even their own mothers have trouble telling them apart!
- Brad Pitt: One of Hollywood’s biggest leading men, Brad Pitt has worked with several stunt doubles over the years. One of his most frequent doubles is Wade Eastwood, who has also worked on the James Bond films and Mission: Impossible.
- Chris Hemsworth: As Thor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Chris Hemsworth’s stunt double is Bobby Holland Hanton. Hanton has also worked on other big-budget films like The Dark Knight and Inception.
- Sofia Vergara: The Modern Family star has a close relationship with her stunt double, Amy Johnston. Johnston has also worked on films like Suicide Squad and Deadpool.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: The former bodybuilder turned actor has had several stunt doubles throughout his career. One of his most famous doubles is Peter Kent, who has also worked on films like Terminator 2: Judgment Day and Total Recall.
- Chris Pratt: As the lovable Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy, Chris Pratt’s stunt double is Tony McFarr. McFarr has also worked on films like The Hunger Games and The Dark Knight Rises.
- Jennifer Garner: The Alias star has worked with several stunt doubles over the years, but her most frequent double is Shauna Duggins. Duggins has also worked on shows like Westworld and The Mandalorian.
- Keanu Reeves: Known for his action-packed roles in films like The Matrix and John Wick, Keanu Reeves has a longtime stunt double named Chad Stahelski. Stahelski has not only worked as Reeves’ double, but also went on to become a successful director, helming all three John Wick films.
- Michael J Fox: The Back to the Future star’s stunt double is Charlie Croughwell, who has also worked on films like The Avengers and Transformers.
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson: The former WWE superstar turned actor has had several stunt doubles over the years. One of his most famous doubles is Tanoai Reed, who also happens to be his cousin.
- Tom Cruise: The action star is known for doing his own stunts, but he still has a stunt double for some of the more dangerous scenes. His longtime double is Wade Eastwood, who has also worked on films like Kingsman: The Secret Service.
- Taylor Lautner: The Twilight heartthrob’s stunt double is Daniel Cudmore, who has also worked on the X-Men films and The Hobbit.
- Mark Ruffalo: As the Hulk in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Mark Ruffalo’s stunt double is Anthony Molinari. Molinari has also worked on films like John Wick and The Hunger Games.
- Jennifer Lopez: The multi-talented singer and actress has had several stunt doubles over the years, but one of her most frequent doubles is Janelle Scuderi. Scuderi has also worked on films like The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner.
- Natalie Portman: The Oscar-winning actress’s stunt double is Sarah Franzl, who has also worked on films like Wonder Woman and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Kate Beckinsale: As the vampire Selene in the Underworld franchise, Kate Beckinsale’s stunt double is Ingrid Kleinig. Kleinig has also worked on films like Mad Max: Fury Road and Suicide Squad.
- Shia Labeouf: The actor’s longtime stunt double is Greg Fitzpatrick, who has also worked on films like The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
Stunt doubles are an essential part of the film industry, ensuring that actors can safely perform dangerous stunts without risking injury. Many of these doubles have formed close relationships with the actors they work with and are often unsung heroes of the movie-making process. It’s always interesting to see how similar some of these doubles look to their counterparts, making it all the more believable when they perform these incredible stunts.
Leave a Reply