Full House is a beloved TV show that aired from 1987 to 1995 and followed the life of a widowed father raising his three daughters with the help of his brother-in-law and best friend. The show has become a cultural icon, and many people still watch it today. However, what some fans might not know is that the cast of Full House could have been very different. Here are ten facts about the show’s original casting decisions:
- John Posey was originally cast as Danny Tanner, but he was replaced by Bob Saget. Posey was fired after the pilot episode was shot, and Saget was brought in to replace him.
- Lori Loughlin was not the first choice to play Aunt Becky. The role was originally offered to Denise Richards, but she turned it down.
- The role of Jesse Katsopolis was written specifically for John Stamos, and no other actor was seriously considered for the part.
- Jodie Sweetin, who played Stephanie Tanner, was not the first choice for the role. The producers originally wanted Alyssa Milano, but she turned it down.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were not the first choice to play Michelle Tanner. The producers originally wanted the character to be played by one child actor, but they decided to cast the Olsen twins after they saw how well they performed during the audition.
- Candace Cameron Bure was not the first choice to play D.J. Tanner. The producers originally wanted Lori Loughlin to play the role, but she was cast as Aunt Becky instead.
- Andrea Barber, who played Kimmy Gibbler, was only supposed to be a recurring character. However, the audience loved her, and she became a regular on the show. However, she actually quit acting after Full House ended and went on to become a stay-at-home mom. She later returned to acting after her children grew older.
- The character of Joey Gladstone was originally going to be named Adam Cochran, and the role was offered to both Jim Carrey and Bobcat Goldthwait before Dave Coulier was cast.
- The role of Rebecca Donaldson, who later became Aunt Becky, was originally supposed to be a one-time guest appearance. However, the audience loved the character, and she became a regular on the show.
- Scott Weinger, who played Steve Hale, was originally only supposed to be a recurring character. However, the audience loved him, and he became a regular on the show.
- Blake and Dylan Tuomy-Wilhoit, who played Nicky and Alex Katsopolis, are actually twin brothers in real life.
- Bob Saget, who played Danny Tanner, is known for his raunchy and vulgar comedy routines, which is a stark contrast to the wholesome and family-friendly character he played on Full House.
- Dave Coulier, who played Joey Gladstone, was actually the voice of many cartoon characters, including Peter Venkman in The Real Ghostbusters and Animal in Muppet Babies.
- John Stamos, who played Jesse Katsopolis, was known for his musical talent and even played the drums for The Beach Boys for a time.
- Lori Loughlin, who played Aunt Becky, was originally cast in the show as a guest star. However, she proved to be so popular with audiences that the writers decided to expand her role and make her a regular character.
- Finally, the Full House cast members remain close to this day, with many of them appearing in the spin-off series, Fuller House. In fact, all of the main cast members, except for Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, reprised their roles in the spin-off.
In conclusion, Full House could have been a very different show if the original casting decisions had stuck. From Danny Tanner to Michelle Tanner, many of the show’s most beloved characters were not the producers’ first choice. However, the show’s final cast proved to be the perfect fit, and Full House remains a fan favorite to this day.
Leave a Reply